Charter

J-GOP is a social and political organization that is more than 20 years old. Meeting at the East Side Kosher Deli in SE Denver for many years with 20 to 40 attendees on a regular basis. We welcome both Conservative and Republican minded Jews and non-Jews of any denomination to attend and become active members of our organization.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Obama's campaign treats Jews like criminals at a Synagogue


 

Please watch this short video - 
see what just took place in Boca Raton to Jews who disagree with the liberal Jewish Community.

If it can happen here it can happen anywhere in America.
This note was written by an internationally known surgeon, veterans' advocate and Boca resident, who attended last week's lecture by Ambassador Susan Rice at B'nai Torah.  His reactions to the outrageous behavior of that synagogue's staff reflect the disappointment of so many others who see the dangerous political road religious leaders are taking their followers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a patriotic American Jew and at the moment, I am entirely stunned.
This evening, May 10, 2012, I attended an event at B'Nai Torah Congregation in Boca Raton, Florida at which U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice was to speak. I am not a supporter of the current administration, but I felt that it would be interesting to hear what Ambassador Rice had to say.
The evening began with an introduction by Rabbi David Steinhardt that can best be described using the wording of the title of journalist Bernard Goldberg's book, a slobbering love affair - characterized by a clear infatuation with the enlightened approach of the Obama Administration and Ambassador Rice toward Israel and Israeli-Palestinian relationships.
It was apparent that I was in for a highly partisan, one-sided evening and not the free exchange of ideas involving people of dissenting views that I had hoped for.

Several minutes into Ambassador Rice's remarks, about 50 people in the audience (which I estimate to have been about 1000 people) stood up to show their objection to the Obama Administration's policies toward Israel, and after 2-3 more minutes walked out. I decided to leave at that point myself. As I left the sanctuary, I saw a man being interviewed on camera about what had just transpired, and I decided to stop and hear his remarks.

At this point, a lady with clear administrative responsibilities for the temple approached me and said, "If you have chosen to leave the sanctuary, you must now leave the property." Clearly astonished, I asked, "Are you telling me that if I disagree with the positions of your speaker, I have no right to stand in the lobby of your synagogue?" At this point she repeated her demand, and told me that if I didn't leave I would have a warrant for trespassing issued against me. I advised her that I thought I was standing in the lobby of a temple, listening peaceably to a discussion, bothering no one, and in a house of worship - and therefore, I respectfully declined her suggestion that I leave. At this point she summoned two burly, uniformed men who advised me that I had to leave the premises.
What greater illustration could there possibly be of the biased intolerance to dissention and total rapture of the Jewish community for all things Obama?

What, I might ask, would have happened if a speaker of opposite viewpoints was being featured – say Congressman Allen West – and liberal-minded attendees were instructed to leave the premises? I suspect that there would be a much more widely publicized sense of outrage.

I have spent a significant portion of my personal and professional life supporting and thanking our veterans. My experience tonight is a direct slap in the face to everything that our veterans fought for , and for that slap to come from the Jewish Community is disappointing to me beyond description.

I have expected to see much in my life, but to have peaceful people with views that differ from the congregation's administration removed from the premises of a synagogue is beyond belief to me and against everything I identify with as a Jew.

B'Nai Torah – shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment